

I am very excited that Thanksgiving is next week! We are starting a new tradition this year as my great aunt (90 years of age!) has decided that she just wants to have quiet holidays from now on and who could blame her??? My mother will be taking over as hostess for our branch of the family which is just so much easier on Duane and me because it will make wrangling Andrew so much simpler than driving an hour and a half for Thanksgiving. I am in charge of the Praline Yams and Coconut Cake. I have never cooked a turkey but Martha Stewart has gotten me very interested in the challenge. I have requested her Turkey Roaster from Macy's as part of my Christmas list this year. I figure I can also roast chickens in it as well--- Duane is always hounding me for roast chicken and vegetables.
My sister, Jill, is headed to Memphis this weekend with a group of girls involved with raising money for St. Jude Hospital. They get to present a check to the hospital from their Skeet Shoot fundraiser and they have made 70 or so fleece quilts to give all the kids. The best part is she gets to visit our cousin's child who is there getting cancer treatment. His name is Bryce and he will be 6 in January. As you can see from the photo he is a beautiful child but he also has a sweet and loving spirit as well and he will undergo a stem cell transplant the week after Thanksgiving. Please remember Bryce and his family in your prayers as we give thanks this season for the health of our children. Their family would welcome your prayers!!

2 comments:
That is so great about Bryce. I think and pray for him often. And as far as Thanksgiving goes, I look forward to Christmas so I can cook all my own stuff. This year since we are going to Justin's family's house, I am in charge of the pumpkins pies and I am making a delicious Martha Stewart Honey-Walnut Pie. I made it last year and it was amazing!!!
Sounds like fun... Once you figure out how to roast that turkey you will have to share how. What a sweet an loving looking boy. Bryce and his family will definitly be in our prayers!
Post a Comment