Ruby Falls...OK, I lifted this pic because my camera didn't take a good one.
HA! Andrew is totally scared of this witch from Halloween so we brought it to keep him from running out of the hotel doors. Kinda mean but worked like a charm!Wondering where are Mardi Gras parade pics are this year? Well, I got nuthin'. This year we got away from the crowds and took a road trip to Tennesee for Mardi Gras. The trip went off without a hitch and "old betsey" got us there and back safe and sound. The kids were very well behaved and we were particularly pleased that Andrew was able to participate in all our planned outings. Our reason for the trip was to go to Gatlinburg because we had heard many great vacation stories and thought it would be a great place to go. Frankly, I didn't get what all the fuss was about. I was completely unimpressed but maybe that was because it was winter, or because we aren't outdoorsy, or maybe because I spent many Mardi Gras vacations as a teenager/young adult in Lake Tahoe and there just is no comparison. Sophie got to ice skate at the Ski Resort and the kids had fun playing in the snow and building snowmen. I was, however, completely impressed with Chattanooga, TN. It is the most charming city! We were only there a day but we visited Ruby Falls and the Incline Railway. Ruby Falls was very interesting as it was an hour and 20 minute trek through an underground cave to see the 145 foot underground waterfall. It was spectacular! Andrew went on this tour as well and we were so elated that he was great for the whole thing. He really enjoyed it and so did the girls. The Incline Railway was crazy. About halfway up I was like "Whaaaaa?". Andrew also enjoyed this and he got to purchase a Steam Locomotive and Train Book at the gift shop. Chattanooga is the ultimate train city. I wish we could have stayed longer to ride some of the other trains. All in all, a very enjoyable trip!

7 comments:
Glad ya'll had a good time! That witch by the door is HILARIOUS! I LOL'ed!!!
Tickets on the Incline: $50
Pancake Breakfast: $40
Gas: $150
The time between when the kids went to sleep and the Nyquil kicked in: Priceless.
Looks like tons of fun! I've never been to Tennessee and it looks like we may have to check it out. I don't think the witch thing was mean- ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!! and I also laughed :)
I am so glad that it went well! I am most glad that Andrew was able to participate in everything!!! That is so wonderful! The pictures are great. And the witch was a wonderful idea!!! Very clever. And very necessary! Love you!
ha ha! the scary witch. necessity is the mother of invention! glad you guys got away.
How fun!!! You family is so cute. I am glad you had a great time. You guys will remember this forever.
I love my camera. It is 4 years old so I am sure there are newer and better models but what I have is...Casio exilim 10.1 mega pixels. I have been lucky finding some good scenes to capture. Love ya
Post a Comment