Sunday, September 12, 2010

PATRIOTIC CEREMONY

Woodvale always does it up right! Felt like the 4th of July...literally!!
Raising of the flag.
Pledging our allegiance and last pic Sophie's poem reading.

Every year Sophie's school has a Patriotic Ceremony. It is always on Sept. 11 but this year it was the day before because it fell on a Saturday. There was a great turn-out and we had many local heroes and community helpers there like firefighters and police officers and the military. The local cub scout troop got to show off their fine flag-raisin' skills as well. Sophie was asked to read a patriotic poem so, of course, my attendance was required and let me tell you it was HOTT out there! I was even in the shade with an umbrella and it was still sweltering at 8:30 in the morning. I was just wondering if maybe we could be patriotic in October instead??

2 comments:

Jill said...

Welcome back! I too have not been into bloggin' lately, but I'm trying to be better. Your kids are just growing up way too fast!! I love the way Woodvale is so patriotic, but I'm with you- why is it still so stinkin' hot!!!

Mary Ann said...

I am not even going to mention that I took down my window air conditioning unit on Friday. I wont even say how the highs this week are in the low 70s. Nope I wont say a word.
Your children are amazing. I am jealous.