If you know anything about me you know that I loves me some Louisiana. One of my favorite places is Avery Island. If you aren't from around here that's where they make Tabasco Sauce (which I LOATHE by the way). The factory is on a small island that is just the most beautiful place. My favorite time to go is in the early spring when the azaleas are blooming but the mossy oaks and bayous are lovely all year round. Of course, the most exciting part is getting so close to the alligators. They don't allow the gators to get bigger than 4 feet long there so it's not as threatening as when you see them in other places like Lake Martin but they are still big enough to make your heart race. We got some good shots as it is nesting season and even though it was so hot we saw several brides having their portraits done under the oaks. So gorgeous!
Negative SEO Services
4 years ago

5 comments:
My heart was racing at those aligator pics. I was thinking I hope Duane is there to save you! Then I read you were in a car. Man they could have taken an ankle!
If I was a bride I would get pics there! What a beautiful place. I love it.
Pie delivery delayed. . . we ate them all.
I can't believe how big Lillie is!!!
Save who? It was every man for himself!
It is so pretty...I really hope we can make it down there so I can take pics of your kids...and I LOVE me some Tabasco!!
We moved from Washinton to Florida when I was 10. We drove up to the parking lot at the temporary housing provided by my dad's new job and there was a sign in front of the parking spot "Please don't feed the alligators, for your sake and theirs." us Washingtonians thought it was joke. It was, as you know, NOT a joke.
Post a Comment