Friday, November 28, 2008

LACKLUSTER THANKSGIVING




Well, this year's Thanksgiving was very low-key.  The food was fantastic as always but none of our extended family were able to come due to various illnessses.  So it was just my immediate family and we see each other all the time.  Kind of weird not seeing other relatives on Thanksgiving.  Of course, I ate way too much and was miserable most of the day.  The weather was warm and muggy so we didn't even go outside to take the kids' pictures.  Maybe next year it will be more exciting.  Today, I have already placed my Black Friday orders online.  I am not venturing out today unless it is later this afternoon and that will just be to get out of the house.  My sister texted me at 6am.  She had already been to three stores and she said all the digital frames that were on special were all snatched up already so I'm glad I didn't get up.  I think people are really desperate for bargains this year and I don't want to fight the crowds.  I am doing the bulk of my Christmas shopping in a couple of weeks and I am hoping there will be specials and sales then as well.  We'll see!

2 comments:

Rebecca McAllister said...

I went to Kohls at 5:15, saw that the check out lines wrapped all the way around to the back of the store and decided that no bargain was worth standing in line for an hour to check out! I did get a steel of deal on Evan's big present (half off) at another store. I have SO much shopping left to do...less than three weeks! AHHH!

Andrea said...

I was lucky that Justin wanted to get up at 4 am and did some shopping at home depot and Best Buy and we just finish getting the last presents this week :)!!
I really like your new layout!