
Sophie made the Principal's List for the first 9 weeks of school. I am so very proud of her for doing so well in her GT classes. I am amazed at what these kids are asked to do. I really blows my mind because I know I wasn't doing this kind of work in 3rd and 4th grade. She works really hard and almost never asks for any help with homework (which I love!). We have only had to help her once this nine weeks when she had to come up with an invention. She came up with the idea all by herself and fleshed out the idea about what it would do, made a rendering of it, and designed a print advertisement for it. She only needed help from Duane when constructing the model of it. Crazy! Andrew also did very well this nine weeks. He does not get a traditional report card but his reading assessments put him two levels above 1st grade and he has mastered addition to 20. So proud of him!! Now on to subtraction, counting money, and telling time. Whew!

2 comments:
Great job Waihi Smarties!! I don't think I would pass 3rd grade with what they are doing these days!
We had teacher conferences yesterday. K-4th don't get "grades" They just get an assessment telling us if they are above where they need to be (3) at the level (2) or below (1). This is going to be hard for Caroline. She always worked very hard to get on the principal's list and get all "A's." I find she isn't trying as hard since she doesn't earn grades.
Post a Comment