Sunday, October 18, 2009

SOPHIE'S GOLDEN BIRTHDAY

Delicious Golden Cake
Goodie bags filled with golden kisses, golden coins, and gold bangle bracelets
Andrew and Lillianne ready for the excitement.
Almost ready!

Sophie turned 9 years old on the 9th of October so we had a Golden Birthday Party. I also thought it was a great reason to have a low-key inexpensive birthday party at home instead of going to a birthday venue.  Well, it wasn't exactly low-key as we had 8 screaming, squealing, giggling girls running around for two and half hours.  And it wasn't exactly inexpensive but wasn't nearly as much as I would have spent at Lizzy Tizzy or Kart Ranch.  The girls had a great time and Sophie loved it but I don't think I will ever have that many girls over at one time again.  Too nerve-wracking!

Duane and I are so proud of Sophie.  She is an incredible girl.  She does so well in school and she is a very good problem solver.  She is a wonderful sister to Andrew and Lillianne.  Sophie loves to teach Andrew and help him with his homework.  I am so happy that Sophie is a part of our family and we love her very much!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!

M.S. said...

I love Golden Birthdays.... my kids will have the 16th (so that rocks for one girl), 23rd and 28th. I wish it was when they were younger. My golden birthday was my 24th; I was pregnant and my husband "forgot" my birthday. (First one without my mom.... so I was depressed.) Later it was "SURPRISE"... It's your birthday! I wish I had a cake like that one!

Jill said...

Happy Golden Birthday, Sophie!! I just can't believe how fast time goes by! She's such a cutie :)

jenny said...

That looks great! See, parties aren't so bad. You can do one every year... one for each child!

jenny said...

Where did you get the cake?

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! I couldn't agree with you more...Sophie is wonderful. I love getting to spend time with her at ADG's.