
I was going through pictures on our harddrive and I came across this one of Duane and me that was taken right after we were engaged. I was really overwhelmed with the feeling that these two people just had absolutely NO idea what was in store for them. Those were the days of wonderful freedom and selfishness and going out all the time and partying (nerd-style, of course!). We just had no idea what trials lay before us with raising children and maintaining a marriage. I remember those days very fondly but I have a little tug at my heart when I do because I did not have my three little sweetpeas and I wouldn't trade those little rugrats for anything in the world. Even with all the challenges we face today I wonder if in ten more years, when all these kids are teenagers, I will look back on when they were small children and think "Those were the good ol' days!" I'm sure I probably will.

4 comments:
Your post brought tears to my eyes.
I have this same thought whenever I attend a wedding. I just keep thinking in my mind..."they have NO idea...all that's hard and wonderful and tragic and joyful that lies ahead..."
This is how I always picture you 2 when we are far from each other...it seems like just yesterday!!!
HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP!!! That's EXACTLT how I remember you guys. Remember the house in St. George??? Choice...those were the days. Love and miss you both,
keala
Post a Comment