Saturday, March 8, 2008

GREEN YOUR HOME!!



I am not a tree hugger by any stretch of the imagination but since Andrew's diagnosis and my "Google Doctorate" in autism research I have changed things considerably in our home. Along with Andrew's specialized diet we have also incorporated organic produce and other products as well as refraining from processed foods as much as possible (you've got to kick back with a plate full of Velveeta nachos once in a while!). While I still harbor a chronic case of house-cleaning loathing I do occasionally bite the bullet and clean 'er up Alice from the Brady Bunch style. I have completely switched to non-toxic cleaners and I would suggest you do the same, especially those few of you out there gestating that read my blog. My favorites are the METHOD line available online and at Target and the new GREENWORKS by Clorox. Each line has several different cleaners that are supereffective and will satisfy even the most OCD housewife. The products are about a dollar more than your brain cell killing types so they won't strap your grocery budget, either.

2 comments:

Rebecca McAllister said...

Thanks for the recomendations...deffinatly going to try these products.

M.S. said...

I love GREENWORKS! I am actually in the process of tossing the old stuff we have around here and just going all GREEN. I love this stuff. I'm still working out what I want for washing dishes.... I really like my current stuff!