

We are just nuts for berries at my house. My kids go through a pint of blueberries a day and at least 3 cartons of raspberries and 6 cartons of strawberries a week. Needless to say the berry consumption is rockin' my grocery bill! I also love, love, love blackberries but I sneak them from the kids because they are $4 for a tiny container. We like to make smoothies and shakes with the berries. I have even started buying no sugar added ice cream and lowfat yogurt for the shakes (I buy Bluebell so you know it's delish...and expensive!). The kids like to eat the berries by themselves as well for snacks. I have eliminated all junk food in my house. These kids have been eating so much while at home this summer I had to do something about the snacking situation.

4 comments:
You are such a good mom. My kids eat junk all the time... I am a bad mom...
That is not true. Jenny is a "berry" good Mom.
$4 for BLACKBERRIES! We are so spoiled in Oregon. Blackberries are weeds that grow EVERYWHERE and can be picked on the side of just about any country road...
I normally try to be really health concious with the food in my house but that goes completely out the window when I am pregnant. I had about 20 weeks of morning sickness with this baby and the only food requirements at our house these days are 1. Is is quick and easy to fix? and 2. Does is sound good? That's why I've put on almost all of the 30 lbs. I lost in the six months before I got pregnant....AHRG!
My kids eat fruit like candy!!! It IS their candy :)
I'm lucky to have a lot of local farms and such that offer picking and the prices aren't too bad, comparitively.
Post a Comment