Tuesday, July 15, 2008

NANCY DREW


Sophie has been reading the Nancy Drew mysteries this summer.  She just loves them. She has been going through one of them every couple of days (but recently took a 2 day break to read The Secret Garden).  I read them all when I was her age...well, come to think of it I was 9 and she is 7 so around her age and my mother kept them all until they were destroyed when the house where they were stored burned down in the early 80's.  I am so happy that Sophie loves Nancy and all her detective escapades because I loved her, too.  I thought they were just the most exciting books and I thought Nancy was the smartest and prettiest girl I would ever meet in my whole life but I think I was wrong about that.  I think Sophie is that girl ( and my little Lillianne!).

1 comment:

M.S. said...

I love finding older copies of Nancy Drew too. It is so fun! I can't wait until my girls take an interest in reading Nancy!