Wednesday, August 27, 2008

EXPIRED TWINKIES


Would you eat an expired Twinkie???  Under normal circumstances I wouldn't even eat a fresh Twinkie (hard to believe, I know) but Duane has been in Houston this week and I have had these kids non-stop so I was stuck in the house last night and desperate for something sweet so I ate an expired Twinkie.  The cake part was stale but the cream was delicious.  I was actually shocked that the cake part was stale considering all the crap that goes into one of those things to keep it fresh.  If you've got Twinkies in your food storage I highly recommend that you rotate them.

2 comments:

Rebecca McAllister said...

Do twinkies expire? I thought they lasted forever...
Um, to answer your question...yes. I would eat an expired twinkie, although I try to avoid them (and all boxed baked goods) as a rule, the expiration date on Twinkies does not scare me like the expiration date on say, something like Meat.

Heidi said...

I thought they lasted forever too.......