Well, we were hoping that Gustav would change course and go somewhere else but it looks like he is determined to visit southwest Louisiana. In fact, the storm is heading straight for us. We have begun our preparations. We are keeping the car full of gas (although it is increasingly difficult to find gas stations that have gas) and I went shopping last night and got food and water. Duane was up early this morning getting bagged ice for the ice chest so we can be prepared when the electricity goes out. I am soooo dreading going without air-conditioning for any length of time in 95 degree weather and high humidity. Oh well, I've certainly done it before as this is probably my 6th or 7th time riding out a major hurricane since I was a child. Please pray for our safety as we are particularly concerned with tornadoes associated with the hurricane. We contemplated just going on a family vacations somewhere for a week but the only place we would want to go is Disney World and Orlando is expecting rain all next week. The kids will probably be out of school most if not all of next week. Like I said...please pray for us!
Negative SEO Services
5 years ago

4 comments:
Our prayers are with you!
Arg! I was just reading an update online about how the storm is gathering strenght faster than they thought it would...and I was thinking of you, not knowing how close you are to the coast. We will keep you in our prayers.
We'll certainly add our prayers to the others for your family and the Bates' to be safe as well as all th other folks in the area.
Hey Guys-fortunately my parents forced me to leave with them...I wanted to hang on to my house-I am just scared that I will lose it-I am afraid for the first time-not sure why...since I have been through this before too...anyway-praying majorly for you guys...sooooooooooooo worried...Charles is the safest-you should head up there with him! I am sure he is having an experience because his location is where they evacuated all of the senior citizens!!! Much love, hugs and kisses...Lauren & the girls
Post a Comment