Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Update




Well, it looks like we are in the clear for a hurricane as we are not on the coast but inland quite a ways (Lafayette).  We are now expecting a tropical storm which is such a relief.  We will still have wind damage and flooding in the area and the power will probably go out for a few hours but nothing catastrophic.  I am really tired of the media theatrics as I feel they are playing upon the "Katrina panic" that is now effecting people.  I just want this to be over so the kids can go back to school.  School is cancelled through Wednesday as of now so we will see after the storm has passed and the damage has been assessed.  I will probably not update again for a couple of days, especially if the power goes out for a while. Our neighbors boarded up their windows and I thought what they wrote on the boards was funny.  Please continue to pray for our safety.  And thanks for all the messages and emails so far.  We appreciate it!

1 comment:

Liza said...

Glad to hear you are out of the main path of the storm! Here in Utah we're actually getting a big rainstorm today, I'm looking outside and we're getting pretty big wind. I would think we're too far to be getting anything from Gustav directly, but it's kind of interesting that we're getting hit with water too....we'll keep you in our prayers.