Monday, September 1, 2008

IS THAT ALL THERE IS????

    Evacuation


    Light down near Cajundome                                    
  LOVE firefighters saving people!!



  Bad luck with trees


                                     
 Love this gal walking her dog with her "got crabs?" t-shirt...classy.



 Big oak tree




Well, Gustav came and left and the Waihi family is no worse for the wear.  We are extremely thankful that the hurricane was pretty wimpy on our side of town and we did not even lose power.  The north side of Lafayette did not fair as well and there was some damage and some people are out of electricity but this storm did not compare in any way to storms of the past.  Duane and I are completely stir crazy as we have been home with these kids for 48 hours straight.  We only left the house briefly after the winds died down to survey the damage.  We are so blessed that this was not a horrible storm.  I keep telling myself to think of that when I think that school is cancelled for TWO MORE DAYS!!!  These pictures are some that I swiped from theadvertiser.com.  All of this damaged was sustained in central and north Lafayette.

3 comments:

Rebecca McAllister said...

So glad you guys still have power! That is great news. So glad Gustav lost steem. We had a crazy/no one was expecting it wind storm the month before Cameron was born. We lost several trees in our yard and I had a friend (who had just had her fifth baby) who had a huge tree fall into her kitchen.

Rebecca McAllister said...

Oh, and I love the new look of your blog!

M.S. said...

We are so glad you guys are okay! We have been watching for updates and are so grateful for them. We so understand being in the house with the kids! AHA!