I finally got a chance to try cupcakes from Sweet Wishes in Baton Rouge located at 10889 Perkins Road (www.sweetwishescafe.com). I have been wanting to check them out for a really long time but I usually go to BR on a Saturday and they weren't open on Saturdays but now they are so I had to stop by. They offer lots of flavors (check out the photo) but only 8 per week. For some unimaginable reason the cupcakes were not displayed in a case out front. They are kept in the back. I was very confused at first and a little skeptical but I was hell-bent on eating a cupcake so I ordered anyway. I had decided that I would try two different kinds. They sell for $2 a piece and are your normal size cupcake. First, was Shimmy Shimmy Coconut (4th row, 3rd pic). The cake was rather dense and very moist. The flavor was great but definitely not the best coconut cake I've had. I did appreciate the coconut flakes in the cake, though. The cream cheese frosting was perfect. Just the right combo of tangy and sweet. I am giving this cupcake 3 out of 5 stars.
Next was Heavy Duty Chocolate (3rd row, 4th pic). Can I say heavenly??? Rich, dense, moist cake with TONS of chocolate chips inside. If you are a chocoholic like me this will fix you for days. Seriously...FOR DAYS! The chocolate taste was so intense I could still taste it after the cupcake was gone. It had the same wonderful cream cheese frosting as the other one. This cupcake gets a 5 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:
I think you are going convert me to the wonderful world of cupcakes! I just may have to start some of my own "research."
I would like to say, where's the love? You couldn't bring me one of dem???
I need directions to this place. Why don't we have a yummy cupcake bakery here?
Post a Comment