Monday, February 23, 2009

RED CARPET OSCARS 2009

So many favorites this year!!  Let's get started and don't forget to leave a comment!

Best Dressed
Anne Hathaway is total perfection!  This gown is so dreamy and I love her!
Although she looks awkward posing in this picture I thought this vintage gown was heaven.  
Natalie Portman looks divine in this pinky lilac-y colored dress.  I love the embroidery.  Her makeup looked harsh up close but the gown made up for it.
Freida Pinto...I adore this color.  Such a standout in a sea of cream and black.  I especially love the neckline.
Could this fabric be any yummier??  Taraji does it up right and I love it!  The necklace is killer!
I love it when Tina Fey looks this great.  Smart, funny women are gorgeous!  I like that the train is not a severe fishtail (hate those!).
I think this dress is totally age inappropriate but it is a fairy tale.  The belt gives it a more modern look and I like that.
Jenny Craig is paying off bigtime for Queen Latifah and she is gorgeous.  Glamorous and flattering.

ON THE FENCE... I just couldn't make up my mind about these dresses.  I really want to like them but something just isn't right.Amy Adam's necklace is unbelievable and I love it with the silhouette but something about that bodice is making me queasy.  Thoughts??
As you know, Kate is my absolute favorite but I was disappointed with this dress.  I don't think it's bad, it's just boring and looks matronly on her.  I was also disturbed by her helmet hair.  How did they get it to stay so stiff?  It didn't move at all (not cool).
I love me some Reese Witherspoon but I just can't deal with this dress.  I can't put her in the worst dress category because I love her too much.  That dress is just too busy in the front.

And the ROTTEN TOMATOES...
Someone needs to put House of Dereon and Tina Knowles out of their misery.  Oh, Beyonce, can't you tell your mama no??
Bridget Fonda is completely out of touch.  There is no way she left her house thinking "I look good".  She had to have gotten this at Dress Barn.  Thrifty but hideous.
I am so sad about Jessica Biel in this dress.  She looks like she is wearing a bath towel and the length is awkward.  I feel like I need to wipe my hands on that fabric hanging in front.  So sad :(
Oh my Holy Hannah Montana!  This dress belongs in a museum not on a 15 year old.  Very Glinda the Good Witch.  Me no likey.
R-Patz at the Oscars.  You're Welcome!!!


Editing to clarify that Rob is DEFINITELY not in the rotten tomatoes category.  Just a bonus!  

13 comments:

Liz said...

wait, is rob in your rotten tomatoes category?? i thought he looked great.

otherwise, yeah, i agree with all picks, except as much as i love reese, her dress really is a rotten tomato. first ug one i've ever ever seen her wear actually!

fun post!

Kari said...

You are cracking me up! Isn't Anne Hathaway's dress just gorgeous!!? Jessica Biel's isn't THAT bad! But if I had a figure like hers, you better believe I'd be showing every curve!! Right about Kate, but you didn't mention the crows feet. She looked older for some reason...even Eric said something and you know it's bad when a man notices that! That write up was your funniest yet!

Kari said...

Oh, one more thing. Do not like Freida Pinto's dress. Lace gives me the willies. Also, Sara Jessica Parker needs to find another style of dress to wear! Tired of her always wearing wedding dresses!! Thank you and goodnight!

duane w said...

Those dresses are fabulous!! The workmanship!!!

Rebecca McAllister said...

Anne was the total winner when it came to fasion. Kate should have taken a lesson from Julia Roberts and dressed like the winner...
I'm with you Freida. I've heard it totally dissed and I loved her in it. had the same thought about Reese (first time with her getting it all wrong).

M.S. said...

I love that you did this. Well, do this each time!

Hannah's dress... I heard her say something about it being a princess dress, like Little Mermaid fish tails. Hee hee hee....

Heidi said...

What a great review! I don't watch any of the award shows but I like to look at what people wear.

Rebecca McAllister said...

Can I also say that I hated a lot of the makeup this year! Did you see Reese's blue eye shadow to match her dress? And SJP's face looked so harsh. I don't get it. Nat. Port. too, very severe...

Keli said...

loved it! I did not care for Freida Pinto's dress! too lacy for me. LOVE the color..but not the dress. Yummy is the perfect description for Taraji's dress!
Beyonce..looks like a curtain from a motel!
Thanks for the pic of Rob!!! :)

jenny said...

OK, Anne, beautiful. Reese... no... Amy... makeup is awful! SJP... uh uh.. Gross. She is too old for this. Grow up, girl! Natalie is gorgeous. But her makeup does not match the dress. I love the color of the dress and it looks stunning on her.

judy said...

My favorites are Anne H. & Tina Fay. The rest a bit to artsy-high-fashion- overworked-imagination creations. Judy

Tanya said...

I think you nailed it!! Watch out Joan & Melissa Rivers! I think you should definitely apply for their jobs. They think they are funny and know fashion. You ARE funny and know fashion!

Lewis Family said...

OK so totally agree with most, expecially Anne Hathaway. But I just gotta stand on my own to feet and disagree with everyone with Little Ms H. Montana. I love that dress the black outlinning the creamy white. I would totally wear it... as to where, i have no clue. Another one is Taraji's dress. It is an up in the air one for me. Part of me is in awe and says says wow how beautiful then the other part of me says huh, I wonder which museum has the naked mummy in it?