Friday, March 20, 2009

PRINCIPAL'S LIST


Congratulations to Sophie!  Principal's List!!!  Andrew also did very well and achieved his Kindergarten academic goals for this 9 weeks except he did not get to check off the box on oral language skills but we are working so hard on that.  He is answering "yes or no" questions and asking for permission in complete sentences.  He has overcome so much from being completely non-verbal at almost 4 years old to an almost 6 year old little boy who can ask for what he wants and tells me what he needs. He loves to say his prayers and tell us he loves us.  Miraculous!!   Take that, AUTISM!!!

4 comments:

Whitni said...

Woohoo! Go Sophie and Andrew! Great job! I love you both and am so proud of you.

Vicki and Duane, your Sophie adds so much sunshine to Primary, and I'm amazed at how well and quickly Andrew is developing. Wonderful job, you two.

Kari said...

Congratulations, Sophie and Andrew!!

judy said...

I am so happy for both of you with the accomplishments of your amazing children. I just listened to a biography of Nicholas Sparks (author) and found out that his 2nd son Ryan is sort of Autistic. A concrete diagnosis was never given, but the symptoms were the same as Andrew. He is functioning quite well now thanks to the efforts of his parents!! Cudos to parents who have to go the extra 100 miles!

jenny said...

Yea Waihi kids! Hilton still needs to learn to tie his shoes... Is that really necessary?