Me being surprised. As you can see I am perfectly dressed for a party (although knowing me I probably would have shown up looking like this anyway!).
This was a super cute cake (except my ridiculous 5th grade picture) and it was sooo incredibly delicious!!
Everyone was wearing these buttons. So embarrassing and there was another one with me in one of my dance recital costumes.
Huge banner.
This invitation was so cute and you can't see it in the picture but my sister Jill glued tiny crystals onto the chandelier. She is full-on Martha Stewart.
This was the "tombstone" memorializing my youth. That is one of my Senior pictures. We wore so much make-up in the late eighties that I look like I'm 30!
This was a game where guests had to guess what age I was in each photo. My Mom came up with some really fun games and great prizes.
Of course I am going to include pics of the food. The food was ridiculous!
This centerpiece makes you actually want to eat fruit.
Those boiled shrimp in the foreground were fantastic.
All of my gifts were absolutely perfect and much appreciated but I thought I would show a picture of my "cupcake" gift from Jenny.The birthday I have dreaded for years was Friday and I had planned for months to just fly under the radar and say the "f" word (the number, not the expletive) as little as possible but it seems my family and friends had other plans. Apparently my mother had been planning a surprise 40th birthday party for me since December and had actually kept it a secret for all these months which is very impressive because I hang out with her 3 or 4 times a week. I was totally shocked to walk into my parents' home and see most of my friends and family standing in their living room. I don't even remember anyone yelling "surprise" because it was just so surreal. The party was fabulous and my mother and sisters went all out for it. The food was unbelievable and I hope all the guests thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing was overlooked as there was a clever invitation, several fun games, lots of really nice prizes, great decorations, and the best tasting birthday cake I have ever had. I got some really great gifts and I appreciate all of you who came to help me celebrate the 11th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Thank you all so much!
Photos by Kari Smith

8 comments:
That was a great party. I can't for my fortieth birthday in (cough cough) 6 years!
Happy Birthday Vicki! SO glad you were truly celebrated on your special day!
Looks like it was a lot of fun. Happy 40th!
Vicki,
I really thought I'd be there for the b-day party, but plans changed.Wish I could have. I'm glad you had a great time! Monique
It was a GREAT party! I am so glad I was invited!
Wow! Wish I could have been there!
Happy Birthday by the way
It was the most awesomest party!
We love you!
It really was an awesome event!! As far as we're concerned, the party of the year. (Granted it's the only party we've been to, but even if it wasn't.) :) Your family knows how to have a good time.
I'm going to have to steal that line - "11th anniversary of my 29th birthday." That's genius! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment