Monday, August 24, 2009

WEEKEND IN HOUSTON

Houston Texas Temple.
Swimming at the hotel.
Sophie the scientist at the Children's Museum.
Water area of the museum.
Crazy for Twister.
Andrew building streetcars.

We decided to take a little road trip to Houston last weekend and we had a great time.  Duane needed a change of pace so we decided we would take a babysitter along and enjoy a nice dinner on Friday night without the kids at Fogo de Chao.  If you are ever near this place and are a carnivore I highly recommend it.  The food is absolutely wonderful.  On Saturday, the girls had a swim at the hotel while Duane took Andrew to a nearby park for a train ride.  Later we went to the Houston Children's Museum and the Galleria.  We also took a ride to see the Houston Temple.  Lots of fun and when you take a nanny along the enjoyment factor quadruples!

8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a great weekend! I am jealous. Your family has the most fun! You are right about the service project! I am being so selfish and need to get out of my funk. I am so glad you had fun with your family!! You are just wonderful!

M.S. said...

I love the nanny idea! Glad you had a chance to get away!

Rebecca McAllister said...

that nanny thing sounds dreamy...and expensive. glad you had a great time!

jenny said...

I am very jealous...

Tanya said...

Good for you guys! That looks like an amazing Children's Museum.

JenM. said...

Taking a babysitter with you was a total stroke of genius! (Did you have to share a hotel room with her?)

Marcy said...

Looks like a great weekend away! Wow, Nanny would be great!

winspears said...

i want a nanny!!!!