Tuesday, September 18, 2007

GO, JENNY!!!


I hope you all had a chance to watch Jenny McCarthy on Oprah. She was great!! I was in tears as she showed pictures of her son and we could see how he transformed in them from an alert baby and toddler to a vacant little boy. I have posted a picture of Andrew right before his first birthday. Look at the joy and light in his eyes! By the time he was 15 months old he was a different boy. I have read alot of Jenny's book and it is so wonderful. I think every parent (especially mother) can relate to it. If you get a chance to buy it, borrow it, or check it out of the library, do it! We had a 6 hour training session for Andrew's ABA program yesterday (we do that about every 4-6 weeks) and I am so exhausted! I am tired of learning new components of the program. I am tired of managing 4 therapists. I am tired of juggling Andrew's therapy from 9am to 7 pm every day of the week along with Sophie's schoolwork and violin and I am tired of AUTISM!! But I am not tired of my sweet little boy so I will continue to do this every day until he is recovered. Please keep us in your prayers!

4 comments:

jenny said...

Vicki, you are in our prayers daily. I am sorry this is a struggle that you have to contend with. I am going to watch that Oprah today. I know you are tired. But you are an amazing mom. I really admire you.

Anonymous said...

Vicki, thank you for sharing your feelings about this heart-renching condition. My heart breaks for you, but my prayers will be with you. You are an amazing woman, albeit, tired! I'll also pray for a solution to this illness too. One day at a time. Luv, Judy...Jen's Mom

Heidi said...

You are so AMAZING Vicki I admire you so much!

Anonymous said...

Precious little Andrew...you are doing a great job! Love, Kari