skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sophie's Christmas recital was this evening and it was so cute. She did really well and she even won an award for the most outstanding student of the year! She is such a hard worker when it comes to the violin. She practices almost every weekday and she is quite the perfectionist. The video is just a tiny sampling of what she played in the recital. Duane edited the video footage and it takes such a long time to do it that he just got a couple of things on there. I wish he would have included her more complicated numbers but since I don't know how to edit and post video I guess I shouldn't complain (but I am anyway!). We are so proud of Sophie's accomplishments. The best part of the evening was when I received a big box of Godiva truffles as a thank you for all the hours I put in practicing with her. She studies the Suzuki method so that means the parent is extremely involved and I have to admit that I get very frustrated and fed up with the whole thing but it is so rewarding when she gets to play in public.
3 comments:
She's such a lovely little girl. Its so wonderful for her to be developing her talents. Evan and I tought music lessons up until Cameron was diagnosed and then we quit. Now Evan is teaching Cameron the piano. It's a fight sometimes, but he feels so good about himself when he can see his progress.
she is so good :) !!! I know, I'm the same way everytime my kids have to do something...I want them to do it right and I try to help them as much as I can ...so congratulations to Sophie and congratulations to you too for being a awesome Mom :) !!!
I wish Caroline would have continued. Sophie is wonderful!
Post a Comment