Thursday, October 23, 2008

MAGIC KINGDOM















We went to the Magic Kingdom on two different days.  Andrew gets a special pass because he has autism and we get to tag along.  That means little or no waiting in lines!!  This really came in handy as the line for It's A Small World was 40 minutes (we waited 10 min.) and Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios was 90 minutes (we waited about 15 min.)We were able to get on a ride several times if it was our favorite and Andrew was up for just about anything.  He and Sophie rode all the big rides with Duane.  He loved Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain the best.  We also really enjoy the 3D shows.  The parades are a highlight for me which is weird because I used to think they were the biggest waste of time when I was a kid but I really enjoy them as an adult.  The SpectroMagic electric parade is dazzling and the girls had an incredible seat on Main Street.  The loud music is sometimes a bit much for Andrew so he and Duane got to enjoy the train several times.  Andrew just LOVES trains and was enthralled with the one at the Magic Kingdom and the one at Animal Kingdom.  I waited in line for ONE HOUR because Lillianne wanted to take a picture with the princesses and when we got up there she wouldn't have anything to do with them.  I made Sophie get in the pictures instead and she was a good sport even though she assured me she was too old for princesses.

2 comments:

jenny said...

These pics are great! I wish we could have gone with you! Maybe next time we can all go together. I am glad you posted so many pictures and the parks look beautiful and so much fun!!!

Rebecca McAllister said...

So glad you guys used the special pass for Andrew. We planned on it for Cameron on our last trip, but then the park was so empty the days we were there, we didn't bother.