Friday, October 31, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008











Well, Halloween has come and gone this year and we had a blast.  The weather was great...neither hot nor cold but pleasantly cool.  Lillianne was a duck and she was so amazed the first time she went up to someone's house and they dumped a ton of candy in her bucket.  She looked at me and said "Yook Mama...da candy...I yuv it!"  She made me look at the candy after every house.  Andrew was Thomas the Tank Engine.  He has been that before and he loves it.  This year he kept the hat on all night and he stood patiently in line and said "Trick or Treat" with no prompting and even a couple of "Thank You's" (thank you 18 months of ABA therapy!).  He was very exited to get the candy even though he doesn't like candy.  Sophie was "The Shower Lady".  I am not really sure about this but she didn't want a costume from the store and she came up with it by herself and it was free so whatever.  It was actually kind of cute. Halfway through the Trick or Treating she got hot with the chenille robe and the shower cap on so she took them off and then looked like some kid walking around in her PJ's. Also pictured are Estelle (Jill's 2 year old) as a ballerina princess and Aiden (Kari's 3 year old) as a pirate in the most hysterical costume I have ever seen! We were home before 8pm and got the kids all tucked away and I put all the candy away.  Overall, a terrific Halloween!

4 comments:

M.S. said...

Darling!

Lewis Family said...

I love Halloween! They all look so cute!

winspears said...

TOO CUTE! I love this time of year!

Rebecca McAllister said...

Cameron wore that same Thomas costume three years in a row. What is it about Autism and Thomas the Tank Engine? Has anyone done a research study on it?
When Cameron was 2-5 he called his shoes his "wheels", his skin his "paint" and we had to speek to him through his trains...(ie. "James, will you tell Cameron to come to dinner?"). On the rare occasion he didn't have a train with him, he talked to the various engines like imaginary friends. So cute, by the way, Andrew is just TOO cute in it!
LOVED Sophie's orininal creation and the Duck costume is killing me!I love Halloween!